Holiday in the CR:CZeCOTTourmapsEast BohemiaNorth Moravia-SilesiaTřeboň RegionUNESCOCzech inspirationActive holidayTimetablesGEOFUN

skočit na navigaci | skočit na obsah


not logged in
Login
language select: cn cz de en es fr it jp nl pl ru

Český Krumlov.
fotografie: previous | next

nahoru ^


Český Krumlov - Tour of the city 2

Map of the tour.

We begin our tour at the Jelení zahrada car park (1), and we go under the Plášťový bridge (2) and towards the footbridge over the Vltava, from where there is a fine view of the castle complex. We continue to Široká Street and the Egon Schiele Art Centre (3) (the renaissance building of the former city brewery, today a cultural centre) and then on to Kájovská Street to the Museum of Wax Figurines (4) (a renaissance building rebuilt in the classical style). From the E. Beneš bridge (5) we can see the school of music (from 1545 this was a Latin school, and from 1780 a school of music), the Church of St. Vít (6) (built by the Rosenbergs in the gothic style and consecrated in 1439) and the Hotel Růže (7) (a renaissance building which served as a Jesuit school from 1588-1775, and has been a hotel since 1889). We shall now turn back a short distance and turn into Kostelní Street. From here we shall turn into Horní Street passing the school of music, the church and the Hotel Růže to the Regional museum (8) in Český Krumlov (the former Jesuit seminary, which has been a museum since 1946). From the Jesuit garden (9) next to the museum there is a beautiful view of the medieval town centre. We go along Horní Street back to náměstí Svornosti, where the town hall (10) (a renaissance building formed in 1580 by the joining of two buildings) and the Marian plague column and fountain (built in around 1715 as an expression of thanks for warding off the Black Death) are both worth a mention. We then walk along Radniční Street to the Lazebnický bridge (11), from where we can see the chateau and the former hospital and Church of St. Jošt (12) (dating from the 1st half of the 14th century). In Latrán Street our attention shall certainly be drawn to the medieval houses with their colourful facades. We then walk through the Red Gate (13) and into the first castle courtyard and the bear enclosure, from where we can walk either through each of the castle courtyards to the castle garden (14), or through the rear wing of the first castle courtyard and to the Jelení zahrada car park.

Maybe you were unaware that...

  • The castle baroque theatre is a unique example of a mature baroque theatre stage. The exceptionally wellpreserved theatrical resources consist not only of actual items, but also of written documentation.
  • The golden coach is the most valuable exhibit at the Český Krumlov castle. The carriage is constructed from gilded walnut and gifts from Emperor Ferdinand III von Habsburg to Pope Urban VIII.
  • The Bellarie villa in the castle garden is a uniquely preserved rococo garden structure, and is the only one of its kind in the Czech Republic. The pattern for the elongated eight-sided building was probably the Belvedere palace of Prince Eugene of Savoy.

nahoru ^ | tisk | komentovat

Viewed 1959 times